Write one paragraph for question 1 & 2 below.
Imagine that the date is the 20th December 2012, and the world is about to end. You and your classmates have all been chosen to leave earth in a huge spaceship to search for a new planet capable of supporting life.
1. You are allowed to take with you three personal belongings. What three things would you take and why?
2. Describe what you think this new world might look like if you find it. Use your imagination!
The deadline for comments on this post is Monday 5th October 2009.
Happy blogging!
Mr. Lee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteNatanael W G Massie, 13, 8b
ReplyDeletewrites :
1.
If I'm only allowed to bring three belongings, I would take my first bible, a shirt and a short. You know, wherever you are just don't forget to praise The Lord, right? Then those two other items are brought to be used there. I don't want to bring any other belongings because they will not rest for long. The spaceship would take care of us but we couldn't forget The Lord and wear nothing as our outfit, right?
2.
Actually I can't really imagine this such thing. Hmm I think it would be just like Earth but it is so clean, just like how it had been before we built our civilization. But there would some other creatures, I think. The human beings would battle them for the land and we would win easily because their low leveled civilization. You know, they haven't made any industry right so that their planet is still so clean. Then we would build all the planet, and everything would be okay.
That's all for my assignment. Thank you
1. The 3 personal belongings that I will take are:
ReplyDeleteFIRST of all, I certainly would take my glasses, because I could not possibly see clearly without my glasses.
SECOND, I will take my clothes.
That's important because we will need our clothes to make us feel warmer.
The THIRD and the last one is, a plant. This thing can give us some things we need, among others, foods(the fruits that contain vitamins) and oxygen, because plants can produce oxygen so we can breathe. If each passenger bring a plant, then we will have more oxygen to breathe and more fruits to eat. If the new planet's soil has a good texture, we can grow the plant there. If not, just let the plant grow in it's pot.
2. The new world or the new planet may have fairly clean air and water that are sufficient. But I'm sure that planet is no better than The Earth, because we are supposed to live on Earth that God has created for us. God created The Earth perfectly to complement our needs. But we are in fact destructive, so that requires us to move to other planet that might exist other scary creatures, very cold temperature, dark skies or limited oxygen.
Thank you for reading!
Made by, Rachel Natalia 8b
1. First I will Brought my bible because I like to read bible and w ith bible I can know what to do with my life, second I will brought my DS because with my DS I can play DS in the space rocket to kill time, Third I will brouhgt my clothes because it's not funny to be naked in Space Rocket
ReplyDelete2. I wish that the planet were going to life is a planet that is good to nature have plenty plant and a lot of clean air and water
1. If i am allowed tottkae with me only 3 personal belongings, i will take
ReplyDeleteFirst, i will bring my bible because in there, i can get every answers of my questions, and as my guide in this life,
Second, i will bring a casual dress which can i wear any time in any situation,
Last one, i will bring my guitrar, so if i'm bored in the spaceship (the journey may take long time), i can play it to entertain my self and others.
2. i hope, The new planet we will take place don't seem too much different with the Earth, it might be not so comfortable because the Earth made by GOD as our home, the most perfect planet we can live in, but i wish, the planet will be not too warm or cold, has clean water and air, has a fertile land, and has a perfect gravity.
Thanks! By, Regina N.I.A 8b/15
1.
ReplyDeleteFirst, I would bring my clothes because we need it to stay warm, who knows how the temperature will be like in that planet? Plus, we couldn't possibly walk around in that certain planet nakedly
Second, I would bring my personal medicine because who knows what we could find in that planet? There might be flames that could burn our skin, or rocky lanes that could make bruises to our body when we fall, my medicine could also help people who is sick and cure them
Third, I would bring my Bible so when I am down and I feel that there will be no hope for me living in that planet, I will know that God is here by my side and I should not worry since He is our Savior and He will never leave me alone
2.
Well, I imagine myself, and I also hope, that the planet we're going has water and clean air. This planet also completes our need. It might not be as perfect as our old planet, Earth, but together, we can build a new city, a more civilized city. We will get each other backs, protect each other, live with each other.
This planet will also have some new species of animals and plants. Scientists from all over the world will work together to identify it. And maybe, just maybe, this planet has ALIEN! We could try to talk to them, and together we make this certain planet go forward!
Thank you all... Have a nice holiday!
By, Jessica Jacinda 8B/05
1.
ReplyDeletefirst : jacket, because it could make me feels more warmer
second : chocolate, because if i've get hungry, i can eat it. and peoples said that chocolate can relaxes our mind
third : novel : because if i've get bored in there, i can read it
2.
maybe that planet is much more cleaner than earth now...
1) First, I will bring my bible, so I can read it when I'm scared of something.
ReplyDeleteSecond, I will bring my laptop, so I can play games and listen to the music when I'm bored. I even watch movies if I bring my DVD.
Third, I will brng clothes, so I can change my dirty clothes to my new clothes.
2) I think the new planet will I live is very exciting planet. I imagine the reply on the planet, people from all over the world will live in the same place, means the start of the Indonesian people to people living in the same area. Children from all over the world will attend the same place. Because the study with people from all over the world, then at school, lessons are taught only math, physics, and also languages around the world such as English, Korean, Mandarin, etc.. These people should be a variety of languages in order to do conversation with people from any country.
Thank you for reading my writing!! :))
... This is indeed a hard question. But If i were to do so, Let me explain.
ReplyDelete1.You are allowed to take with you three personal belongings. What three things would you take and why?
First I would bring my own laptop. Practically every amusement or items I need is in my laptop's hard drive. And besides, I have no other amusement to use.
Second, my old books. All my memories of childhood and past are in there. Perhaps about 90% of them, in fact.
And finally, my photos. The photos I took with my parents and friends when I was young. These are one of my most prized possessions after one personal thing which I won't tell to public.
2.
I cannot explain what the "New World" Is going to look like. There are countless planets out there or whatever "world" are we going to find, we never know unless we can do some in-depth research on outer space. But if i were to express it I would say it would look like earth, but maybe with different unspecific characteristics like size or mass.
Well, that's all I can say.
1. first, i would like to bring my soccer ball because i like to play soccer and i think there will be no more soccerballs in mars or any other planets exist. maybe we can play againts the aliens.... second,water filter. in case im thirsty i can drink from it. the last thing is my english boost book just to make sure my english is the same in mars and to teach the aliens english, doing what mr.lee does best.
ReplyDelete2. I think "new world" will be better than our earth. i think it will be empty. but we can avoid doing the same wrong things we did to our planet earth.so, the 'new world' will be much more organised.hopefully...
1)
ReplyDeleteFIRST, I would bring some seeds such as corn. So, we can plant the seeds on the new world for continue our life.
SECOND, I would bring my garden tools for plant the seeds.
THIRD, I would bring my pillow, so I can sleep comfortable because I can't sleep without pillow. Enough sleep can make us healthy.
2) I imagine and I hope, the new world is better than our earth now, cleaner than our earth and far away from crime and disaster
Thank you,
-Nathasya Tj 8B-12
1. 3 things that i will bring is:
ReplyDeleteFIRST i will bring many book because maybe i' gett bored. so i can read book
SECOND I will bring many clothes so i can change my clothes
THIRD I will bring seeds and my gardening tool so i can plant in the new planet
2. the planet i want is the planet have the oxygen and comfortable and better than earth. No global warming and the planet is peace with no bad guy and i want to make it clean